How The New $10 And $20 Banknotes Will Look Like
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has announced that it will be releasing the new $10 banknote next week. The $10 note will go into circulation on Tuesday, May 19, while the $20 note will go into circulation in the first week of June. The central bank has also raised the weekly withdrawal limits from $300 to $1000. The new limit translates to approximately US$20 per week. The central bank also released images which show how the new $10 and $20 banknotes will look like.
Below is the statement from the RBZ announcing the release dates of the new notes which iHarare is publishing in its entirety.
INTRODUCTION INTO CIRCULATION OF $10 AND $20 DOLLAR BANKNOTES
The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (the Bank) wishes to advise the public that the $10 and $20 dollar banknotes issued on 14 May 2020 through Statutory Instrument 103A of 2020, will come into circulation as follows:
• The $10 banknote will commence circulating on Tuesday 19 May 2020; and
• The $20 banknote will be in circulation by the first week of June 2020.
The features of the said banknotes will be publicised prior to the circulation of the banknotes.
The Bank also advises that it has revised withdrawal limits upwards from $300 per week to $1000 per week with effect from 19 May 2020. Banks have been directed to ensure that the withdrawal limits are strictly observed. The Bank will not tolerate any abuse of currency and will decisively deal with any such abuse in terms of the law.
John P Mangudya Governor 15 May 2020
The RBZ has since announced the safety features of the new notes and these are as follows:
1. Visually impaired recognition feature
2. Latent image showing the denomination
3. Optical variable ink with colour shift from magenta to green or green to azure
4. Security thread with “RBZ 10” and “RBZ 20”
5. Watermark with highlighted “RBZ 10” and “RBZ 20”
6. See-through of National Bird on either side which is in perfect register
Articles You May Want To Read,
- Ecocash Directive: RBZ’s Last Hail Mary
- EcoCash Is A Ponzi Scheme Which Is Devaluing The Zim Dollar: RBZ Fires Back At Lawsuit
- PICS: Horrific Pictures Of Abducted And Tortured MDC Youth Leaders
- Woman Forced To Give Birth On Veranda After Nurse Turns Her Away Due To Covid-19 Fear
- “They Were Forced To Eat Human Excreta”: Shocking Details Emerge On Torture Of MDC Youth Leaders
IMPORTANT NOTICE:Access LIVE News, Jobs and Exchange rates directly on WhatsApp. Send a WhatsApp message with the word HIE to +263718636522 or just CLICK HERE to try it out. iHarare is now a information one-stop-shop. Please click on the links highlighted in Red to access News, Events, Jobs, Pricecheck, Classifieds, Dating and Education services by iHarare.For any queries contact us by CLICKING HERE .
The post PICS: Here Is How The New $10 And $20 Banknotes Will Look Like appeared first on iHarare News.